Haite Report #11 – December 12, 2016
As most of you know my heart has been with the mountain people that live above Grand Goave. With a total population of around 115,000 only 7% actually live in the town, the remaining 93% live in the mountains.
In the town of Grand Goave we have 22 Missions, 7 radio stations, 10 orphanages, 1 hospital, 6 clinics and approximately 25 schools. All of these are servicing 7% of the population, in the mountains where the remaining 93% live there are schools which the mountain people have built and nothing else.
Since the hurricane I have never seen such suffering in the mountains as I have during these last couple of months. I’m not sure if it’s the extra hardships they are facing since the hurricane or a move of God but I feel something spiritually is changing up there. I have been working in some of the mountain areas for the last 8 years. The first time I witnessed fruits from our labor was about 1 1/2 years into disciplining the men,woman and children.
We are now leading 3 mountain church’s and have seen some remarkable spiritual growth during the last 8 months. But just in the last couple of weeks I am seeing things that just don,t add up. Since the hurricane we have been going into the mountains just about every day taking the people food etc. In my coming up to 10 years here I have never seen such hopelessness in the peoples eyes. Mountain people are really really tough and very rarely cry but during these last couple of months I have seen many tears. 4 weeks ago we delivered food into an area I hadn’t visited before, to give you an idea if you were to walk there it would take you 8 hours
Like always after unloading the Gator and before loading the donkeys so the men can return to their community we sit down with them and begin a conversation. If we only meet their physical needs we are just another charity, as a Christian we must address their spiritual hunger also. I usually start by asking them how their families are, what are their greatest needs and if there is anything we can Pray about for them.
After some conversation we then begin to witness to them as most of the people up there are involved in voodoo. During this conversation I noticed that one of the leaders was really interested in what we were saying, he listened intensely. His name is Victory in English and seemed to be really moved by our conversation. As we finished up he invited us back again in which we relied “No problem we will come see you again”
Well last week he contacted Enoc whom was with me and asked if we could come up to do a 3 day revival in his area. Now Brothers and Sisters this has never happened before, most leaders up in the mountains are usually asking witch doctors to come see them. So I want to ask your Prayers during Dec 23rd, 24th and 25th as we are going up there to do a 3 day revival. I will also be showing them the Jesus film in their native language Creole, no one up there has ever seen a movie or even knows what one is. I truly believe the breath of GOD is going the breath on these souls.
Thanks so much for your Prayers and support.
Lord Bless Tony